Interior Designers and Makers – join us!
Interior Design Exchange is a website created with interior designers in mind. Picture this – we have all been there (well, most of us) holding the baby – mirror, picture, chair – when the project is finished and the client has moved on with a delighted smile on her face. IDEx gives you, the designer, the opportunity to showcase these items to other members of the profession who can buy without the usual lead time at trade price or lower. Your investment is reimbursed and they can still make a profit for their business!
How can you make the most out of Interior Design Exchange?
- The first thing to do is REGISTER. It only takes a few minutes to fill out the online form and once your application is approved you can buy and sell at your own convenience.
- Do you have something to sell? You can sell anything from a curtain pole to a chandelier, a bedspread to a breakfront bookcase. It can be new, an antique or a retro piece. It could be something that can be refurbished. Ideally, it will be something that another designer will want to include in their own project.
- It is important to take a good photograph – or several photographs! These need to be carefully thought out – remember you will be selling to DESIGNERS! Is it possible to photograph it in situ or do you need to take it home to snap it in an elegant setting? The size of the image file should be good too as we publish items in our blog and on social media to entice buyers (max size 8mb).
- When pricing your item consider whether it is bespoke or available off the peg. For the former you will want to cover as much of your costs as possible, but you need to be realistic. It might be better to get the item sold rather than still sitting in your studio or store. If the item is current and readily available from the supplier a lower than trade price might encourage a designer to buy.
- IDEx is a resource centre – without the usual lead time – and at good prices. Make sure you have a look through the website when you are creating your scheme too. You can RESERVE AN ITEM for three days while you check with your colleagues or your client before buying.
- Interior Design Exchange is a community. The idea being for Interior Designers to help each other out. Many of us have been there and recognise that sinking feeling the client manoeuvres towards another option, unaware of the time and money spent of the original choice. Spread the word about IDEx to your curtain maker, cabinet maker, lighting designer…- they too will identify with this!
We hope you will find this useful – we are at the end of the phone line if you have any questions.
Have a good week. Out with the cocktails – when the rain stops!
Interior Design Exchange,
The Old Stores,